Okay, recap day 2, chapters 5-8:
- It was Sutton's friends at Sabino Canyon. But they weren't anticipating her being there.
- They took her to Nisha's party.
- She met Garrett there, didn't let him feel her up. Then she met rebel-without-a-cause Ethan, and talked Orion and stars with him.
- Then the Twitter Twins came and got her.
- She pretended to be drunk and Charlotte took her home.
- She arrived home, found Sutton's room, and found Sutton's phone, in a silver clutch.
- She went to sleep, was awakened by Sutton's mom.
- Has interactions with Sutton's family, comes clean that she's not Sutton.
- They don't believe Emma, and think Sutton is just being Sutton.
- They go out to Laurel's car to go to school, and Sutton finds a note on the car addressed to her telling her Sutton is dead and she better not tell anyone or she's next.
- Put yourself in Emma's shoes. Would you pretend to be Sutton?
- What do you think about Garrett? What do you forsee happening with him?
- With Ethan?
- Where do you think Emma's stuff went?
- So, this seems to be first-person limited omniscient point of view. The narrator, Sutton, tells us what she is thinking and feeling, and tells us what Emma is thinking and feeling. Do you think it's working so far? Have you gotten confused at all by who owns which thoughts and feelings?
- What do you think about the note? Do you think it came from the guy at Sabino Canyon that was on the trail watching Emma?
Get to chatting, peeps! Again, add any questions you have in the comments section, I can't wait to see what you guys think! AND, tomorrow's reading is Chapters 9-13, Pages 87-135.