In the meantime, here are ten things that the article says you can do to support your favorite author:
- Buy NEW books every time you can for yourself, and for gifts.
- Tell your friends.
- Post your reviews everywhere you can.
- Recommend the author's work to your book group.
- Email the author to tell them what you think.
- Ask for the books you're looking for in the bookstore.
- Recommend your favorite authors when you see others perusing the shelves.
- Face your favorites so that the whole cover shows, (be careful not to cover other authors)
- Link to your favorite authors' sites on your website.
- Go to book signings!
I feel like I can do a better job of 3, 5, 6, and 9, so look for more of that around here for my favorites.
I just want to reiterate that this list is not from my brain, but that of Diana Pharaoh Francis... I don't even pretend to take credit for it, but thought it warranted sharing here. This is a paraphrased version of her article that is much, much better than my little list!
[Via Today's Adventure via Lisa Shearin via Diana Pharaoh Francis]