Here's the deal. You do NOT have to answer all of the questions. You can if you want, or you can just comment on one or two of them. The goal is for the discussion part not to take a whole hour out of your day if you don't want it to. Sound fair? Hope so. K. Let's get started!
Plot Summary: Number Four is from the planet Lorien. The Garde from Lorien that escaped to earth have to be killed in order (because these Loriens have magic charms too in addition to their powers). They traveled to earth, and each has a Guardian or Cêpan who watches their backs. Dude we're following is Number Four. He was Daniel Jones in Florida, but he's left the Keys and moved to Paradise, Ohio. He goes to school so that he doesn't have to do cleaning or chores with Henri, his Cêpan. He has a survival pack as a backpack. He gets lectured from Henri about not standing out, not showing his physical superiority or his intellectual superiority, and to contact Henri immediately if anything out of the ordinary happens because he should be coming into his Legacies, aka special Lorien-defending powers, soon. He goes to school, gets picked on by Mark, meets the really cute Sarah, the daughter of his and Henri's real estate agent and Mark's ex-girlfriend, and almost immediately comes into his first Legacy, Lumen. He goes and locks himself in the dark room so that people can't see his glowing hands, and Henri comes to rescue him and takes him home. They debate leaving, but Four doesn't want to, so he goes back to school the next day donning gloves and eager to find his missing cell phone. He accuses Mark, and they almost throw down in the hall, but they don't. Then there's a fun scene in home ec with Sarah and Mark and after ninth period American History, Sarah gives Four his phone and he doesn't fight Mark. End Chapter Seven.
- First of all, did anyone else get confused and think they were in Maine when they were really in Florida at the beginning?
- And, another confused point for me - and I'm hoping one of you can explain it... Four told Henri that he kept his fists closed once he realized they were glowing, but that was a total lie because Sarah totally helped him up off of the ground after Mark pushed him... so I was confused about that. Do you think it'll come back and bite him? The fact that he let Sarah help him?
- I'm also super curious about why they've kept themselves to the USA. It seems as though they would have more success in a larger number of countries, what do you think about that? (not that they haven't been successful)
- Do you agree with Henri and John's survival decisions so far? Would you have done anything differently?
- If you got to pick a brand new first and last name what would it be? Why?